You might be moving out of the dorms, transferring jobs, or looking for a new lifestyle. Regardless of the reason, most of your questions stem from the choice of renting an apartment or house in the Orange Beach area. You could be leaning one way more than the other. Possibly totally up in the air.
Although there’s a ton of information available on renting versus buying available, not much exists for renting houses vs apartments in the Orange beach area.
No matter what has been holding you back, this list will help you make your best decision.
Renting an Apartment in Orange Beach
POSITIVES OF RENTING AN APARTMENT
- Space: We offer various floorplans that include one bedroom, two bedroom, and three bedroom floor plans which means you can find just the right amount of space based upon your needs.
- Location: Most houses are usually in very suburban areas; an apartment can put you in a fantastic neighborhood or minutes from the hot spots of downtown.
- Upkeep: Renting an apartment, you won’t have to worry about maintaining the great outdoors, and the apartment maintenance staff takes care of most issues inside of your apartment.
- Amenities: Each apartment community offers its own luxurious amenities. Many have fitness rooms, a clubhouse, outdoor kitchens, a playground, dog park, even zero entry pools! Check out our gallery to see photos.
- Relationships: Apartment living offers a true sense of community to residents. You will make lifelong friendships with your fellow residents.
Negatives of Renting an Apartment
- Space: Apartments are often not as large as a house. While that can mean you might have less storage space, many renters see this as an opportunity to downsize
- Impact: Problems outside of your control can affect your day to day life, it could be a leak from an upstairs apartment or a neighbor not aware of how much noise they create.
Renting a House in Orange Beach
Positives of Renting a House
- Space: Renting a house usually means more available square footage, which also means more daily upkeep
- Parking: With most houses you have driveway or street parking so you have easy front door access.
- Amenities: Choosing a rental house gives you different opportunities for amenities. Everything from an enclosed garage to a pool just for you!
Negatives of Renting a House
- Maintenance: That pool comes along with its own set of responsibilities, not just cleaning but maintaining the chemicals which can be tricky. You’ll also have lawn care and minor repairs around the house. (If you live at Sandy Shores, you can contact us anytime and we will have maintenance come to you ASAP!)
- Landlords: Most houses are rented by individual landlords who may not have experience in property management or can be hard to reach, while apartments have a professional management company that are available 24 hours a day.
Considerations for Renting an apartment or house
Renting means you’re free of the typical responsibilities that come along with ownership, such as maintenance, constant upgrades or fixing things like structural issues. At the end of the day, the decision comes down to what works best for you and your family.
Make sure to think of your lifestyle goals and needs when choosing between renting an apartment and a house.
Remember: finding what is best for you and your family can be a daunting task, but there are teams in place to help answer any question you might have.
Contact us at Sandy Shores Village and we will be happy to assist you in finding your perfect apartment home.
Contact Sandy Shores Luxury Apartments in Orange Beach
Contact us at Sandy Shores Village. We will be happy to assist you in finding your perfect apartment home. If you’ve already decided that Sandy Shores is the perfect future home for you, you can apply today! For more questions, give us a call at 251-301-9790.